- La Voz of Loudoun was formed in November of 2002 by a small group of people actively involved in assisting the Latino community either through their respective organizations or as individual volunteers.
- La Voz of Loudoun is an organization working to unite the community by assisting immigrants in the process of integration. We stress the values of integration, sound financial planning, education and strong family networks in order for immigrant families to achieve success.
- La Voz of Loudoun promotes a positive understanding of Hispanic culture by recognizing the many accomplishments and contributions of Hispanic immigrants and by emphasizing the rich diversity that makes up the Hispanic population in Loudoun County.
- La Voz of Loudoun program Goals were developed over a two year long process using the results of three community Forums on Issues Related to the Spanish Speaking Residents of Loudoun County, involving over 100 people who live or work in Loudoun County. Individuals representing businesses, non-profits and government agencies as well as a diverse group of Spanish speaking residents attended these forums. In addition, the Board of Directors engaged in a Visioning session with an expert in strategic development from the National Council of La Raza as well as a retreat, whose purpose was to focus our efforts on critical needs.
- La Voz of Loudoun long-term goal is to partner with other agencies so that we may provide access to community resources for the Hispanic/Latino population living in Loudoun County. Our efforts are based on the belief that integration into the community at large is essential in creating a brighter future for the Hispanic/Latino community and the immigrant population in general.
- La Voz of Loudoun will expand from a volunteer operation serving the community primarily through Outreach into a comprehensive Newcomer Welcome Center, with a focus on Spanish-speaking immigrants. In addition to serving as the primary site for our general operations, educational forums, community meetings, the Center will serve as a drop in site providing Information, Referrals, and limited Case management for immigrants and their families.